In the "Nursing Home of Tomorrow", staff enter into a care-giving relationship based on individualized needs. This involves both preparatory and ongoing training for the employees to make sure the residents are receiving the upmost care they deserve.
- Core Training” is completed by the administrator and director of nursing, they become the lead trainers and mentors for all staff.
- Person centered care and “small home” design is much more than just the building. It involves changing the culture from accomplishing tasks to emphasizing the person.
- To that end, a tremendous amount of training is required for staff to “re-learn” how to do things.
- The traditional departments (ie: laundry, dietary, nursing, and housekeeping) are no longer used. Employees learn to be a “universal worker” and have a very different set of responsibilities than they’ve had before.
- Classes on “communicating for success”, “coaching for partnership”, “coaching supervision” are provided along with other training opportunities to equip the staff with the tools they need.
If you are interested in sponsorships for the C.N.A. class, CLICK HERE to see what is available to you!